Monday, September 6, 2010

Estoy en Toledo!

I'm in Toledo!


I have to say, this still feels very surreal. Maybe that's just due to the fact that I've been awake for over 24 hours now. And it's the middle of the day here so I have a long day ahead of me, but I'm so ready for it!

Some of the highlights of my 20+ hours of travel to get here--sharing my plane out of Spokane with a football team of 70 from Texas; seeing real live birds flying around INSIDE the Denver airport (this terrified me); having a window seat on all of my flights; having one of my bags not show up in Madrid and trying to explain this to an airport worker; having the bag that I do have literally almost knock me down an escalator; and finally, meeting my program staff and taking the bus to Toledo!

I've only seen a tiny bit of the city, but it is gorgeous. So old and beautiful! The street to my school is so narrow that cars can't even drive down it and all the streets are cobblestones. I LOVE it. I cannot wait to get out and take a walk, even though it is swelteringly hot and I am also thoroughly exhausted. I'm staying the first night at the Fundacion (my school; and I don't know how to do accents on here yet) and this afternoon I will meet my host family and tomorrow night I will go to their house.

Since my adapter plug for my laptop charger is in my lost suitcase, I don't know when I'll be able to use the computer again (and I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty busy the next few days). But I'm here and I can't wait to see what's next!

1 comment: